Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rambling

Will the weather make up its gods-be-damned mind already? I'm sick of freezing in the morning under a pile of three blankets and two dogs! Especially when their idea of waking me up for their walk is to sit on my chest and breathe in my face. It's always too early for dog breath.


But the ground did thaw enough for me to get the first seeds planted in the house garden, even though the only crop worth sowing this early is peas. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a double crop this year. Hell, maybe I'll be lucky and the plants won't be eaten by the squirrels and rabbits.


And I'm glad I don't have anything too serious to think about right now. Two big research projects, two book reviews, and class registration - that's pretty much it, although I'm fretting over which classes to get out of the way in the upcoming semester and whether a summer in a field school would be worth the splurge. It blew my mind when I heard a few of my classmates chatting about their upcoming weddings instead of school. None of us is over twenty-two, and these people want to spend the rest of their life with one person. I couldn't make a decision like that. I don't even know what I want to have for dinner today, and I'm nowhere near certain if my sweetheart is someone I'd be willing to go through the rest of my life with. How on earth could they get engaged before college freshmen year? I'd have run away screaming.


I wonder how the weddings are going. I think at least one was supposed to take place over Spring Break.


Edit: I hate these spacing snafus.

No comments:

Post a Comment