Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two weeks down, and no screams.

No screams from particularly fundamental students, at least, or anyone who might be offended by the idea of all modern humans originating in Africa, or that our very distant ancestors were glorified squirrels, or by any of those fun factoids that poke holes in the idea of our species being terribly special. I'm not going to do my victory dance yet, though. I still have fourteen more, and then there's the possibility of my proctoring one final in addition to all of my own.

I don't think I'm doing too badly as a TA, but nobody's come to me for help beyond finding out where the Powerpoints for the previous lectures were and how to get onto Blackboard for the class. They have the contact info for Prof S and the graduate student TA, so I'm not too surprised. An undergrad is at the bottom of the pecking order in any academic hierarchy. I'm not going to complain as long as the pay keeps coming.

Keep your fingers crossed. Next week, we tackle intelligent design, creationism, and "teaching the controversy."

No comments:

Post a Comment