Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Did someone drop a coin roll?

For the past week, I've been finding nothing but pennies everywhere - indoors, outdoors, on the sidewalk, on the carpet, under vending machines (yes, I do crawl under and behind vending machines to reach loose change if I can squeeze in), and wedged into the lounge furniture cushions.

I've amassed somewhere in the area of two dollars in change, and only three of the coins I've found this week aren't pennies. I literally scooped up a handful off the sidewalk just two or three days ago - they were just lying in a cluster on the sidewalk. I picked up something in the area of fifty cents just on that square of sidewalk.

Now, the snow's been gone for quite a while, even if it isn't exactly balmy. Someone would have seen these long before I happened by to scoop them up, and judging from the salt and patina on all of them, they've all been there for a while. So what exactly happened? I can't be the only one who's picking up loose change left and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment