Sunday, February 8, 2009

OUCH.

What's the fastest way to find out the limitations of a human body?

In my case, I have two answers:

1) Go through four hour-long exercise sessions with demanding (some might even say sadistic) instructors.

2) Fall down a flight of stone stairs. After successfully navigating three icy patches at a run outside, no less. How does falling on your butt and cracking your ankle lead to your skull ringing like a bell, anyway?

There was a third, but one night in the ER, losing fifteen pounds in less than six hours, and four stitches in my face were plenty. I'd rather not take the food poisoning route again. (But I will take the fifteen pounds knocked off my stomach and waist.)

At any rate, geography doesn't look like such a bad deal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment